In our industry the acronym for ACD conjures up several ideas or interpretations, those of which are UCD (Unified Call Distribution), ACD (Automatic Call Distribution), Call Centers and Contact Centers.
In the “old days” (just a few years ago), Call Centers were mainly only comprised of a number of employees (agents) whose primary responsibilty was to either answer incoming calls or make outbound calls. Basic Call Center functionality included the number of agents that could be logged into certain queues, how many supervisors could be monitoring agents, wall boards and basic reports that included wait time, number of people in queue, how many calls we received at a specific time, etc. As time progressed, customers began to ask for more advanced MIS reporting, agent profiling and sharing of groups, intelligent routing, multiple messages/call sequencers, etc.
Today, even though the primary responsibilty of an agent hasn’t changed that much, the request and many times the requirement of more advanced options is ever so prevalent. Some features and applications that are requested, include Presence, IM (Instant Messaging), Operator and Directory Services, Trunk Side Recording, Remote Agents, Web Chat, Mobile Monitoring and Full Call Control for both the Agent and Operator/Supervisor.
It used to be very time consuming, not to mention very expensive to implement even a very basic Call Center.
Today, it has become much less complicated to add a Call Center to your new or existing phone system and it has also become more cost-effective to deploy.
The systems that Mercury Communications offer basically consist of two user modes- Operator and Contact Center Agent. They use the same database, a common user interface, and are managed from a central point. Both user modes allow operators/agents to easily switch between various roles. For instance in peak hours some of your staff, including remote office workers, can act as Operator or Agent.
Since our systems are scalable and very flexible, they can support many options to suit each individual agent and supervisor. With the systems intuitive interface, the applications are easy to use and require minimal training. Let’s face it, you can have the most elaborate, most expensive Call Center that money can buy, but if it takes a rocket scientist to operate it, what good is it? So not only are our systems user friendly, Mercury Communications also provides extensive on-site training to all customers regardless of the size of the system or the applications purchased.
Some features and applications that are included with our ACD-Call Center packages include:
- One Solution for Operators and Contact Center agents
- Improves efficiency, flexibility and productivity of your workforce
- Provides specific points of contact, connecting callers to the right person, first time, every time – reducing wait times and lost calls
- Displays real-time presence status of employees
- Facilitates office and mobile/remote workers to collaborate effectively
- Screen-pops on incoming calls, integrated with back office applications, enable professional and well-informed call handling by operators and agents
- Enhanced collaboration reduces latency, calling costs and travel costs, while flexible working modes and roles reduce staff costs
- Single point of contact for your customers – 24/7
- Reduces waiting times and lost calls
- Provides access to up-to-date and powerful directories that also show phone and presence status
- Integrates with external and web-based directories
- Hotkey Dialer can dial any phone number in any application on the screen
- Directories can be linked together â€“ creating a single point of entry and management of user data
- Facilitates customer satisfaction and response times
For a “demonstration” of one of our award winning Call Center applications, please click the button below.